It would be easy to hate me. I'm the thing you cling to before you preen with false bravado. I am the sweat on your skin before a big exam and the rustle in your feathers before any extra ordinary decision. I will sit invisible on your pillow at night holding your eyelids up until i can't anymore -
I have the power to multiply in you like a breeding miracle and overcome your being - I have occupied your past, consumed your present and cling fervently to your future. Never underestimate my power for in that decision, you will unknowingly write your own tomorrow (or lack there of)
I am not all bad however - it's all about perspective. I can also make you a better person and test your duration and strength. I can make you achieve things you wouldn't have otherwise. I am a necessary part of your design and as essential to your genetic disposition as the color of your eyes. you need me to thrive. You need me.
It is I who bows at the crippling cry of a child lost in a dark room, at the loss of a job, a house, a hope...but i am equally present before an important speech, reunion or birth. It is I who tiptoes between the first spoken 'I love you's' ....
I encompass you inside and out. But never forget this dear friend: (because yes, i can be) I am only as powerful a part in your life as you allow me to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment