Monday, December 27, 2010

Bookmark


"Don't say i said not to say that."
A little line that made you laugh
I abused it often
To make you smile

I miss you
And your 12 pairs of Birkenstocks
In every conceivable color
So Bohemian of you for a woman in her fifties
You were practical like that

Intimacy on screen
That makes most people uncomfortable
Made you happy and laugh
I'd tell you to stop
But you'd only laugh more

I miss your strange freedom
Peculiarly placed
But touchable

You adored simple things
Goodness in people
Books, plants, British t.v., turtles
You loved to laugh and fill a room
One could get drunk on it
So contagious were your sounds
You would have hated to be called 'unique'
But you were

You've held a place in the world
Like an immovable bookmark
Marking a page, a travel, a life
Glued to the spine for good

So i think of you when i move my bookmark
And hesitate slightly
Before flipping the page -

No comments:

Post a Comment