Thursday, September 15, 2011

It Occurs to Me

It occurs to me that humor is missing in my blog. I didn't set out to write melodramatic verse - Words and ideas knock on your door - you answer or you don't. I realized humor is missing largely and if this Wine & Wit scribble blog is to be entirely honest and well-rounded i should balance it out a bit with a spot of chucklery. 

 I'd like to think in my vein-ego centered, artsy fartsy brain that i have a touch of funny rolling around inside. Some occasionally tell me I do, and I don't even pay them. I went through a very cynical period from childhood to now in which i randomly spewed forth what i call 'rants' - most weren't angry. O.k. I lied. They are, b u t they are dipped in silver shimmery sarcasm and sprinkled with miniscule bits of bittersweet chocolate chunks. Sweet enough not to spit out, but healthier in small doses ; )

Anyways, those pieces were like spit-ups of fact, humor, over-indulgence and arsenic. You know, happy writing! I'd like to get back to that idea. Let's just call them 'free-writes with a smirk'. 
If surviving the dumbing down of the Bush administration doesn't give us all a cause to vent then nothing will.
So, I will attempt to diversify my posts and perhaps even gain a bit more feedback! (was that subtle? i didn't think so)


Go in confidence and Peace. And always, thanks for reading -

~ Towanda.


No comments:

Post a Comment